[PyKDE] Quitting invokes crash handler

Frederick Polgardy Jr polgardy at bodacion.com
Fri Aug 30 17:58:01 BST 2002

On Friday 30 August 2002 10:26 am, Phil Thompson wrote:
> I haven't looked at the way you have implemented KApplication, but have
> a look at how I've implemented the QApplication dtor. You will need to
> do something similar - look at the comments at the start of
> PyQtDisownTopLevelWidgets().

This is perfectly consistent with everything we've discovered so far:

1) Forcefully deleteing the main window before exiting fixes the problem

2) Changing the var names/lengths causes "unpredictable" behavior (i.e.
since the order of keys in namespaces is undefined, a change in var name or
length would affect whether the KApp gets destroyed before the main widget
in Python)

Good find.

Fred

--

F R E D E R I C K   P O L G A R D Y   J R.
Bodacion Technologies - A Virtual Media Company