[PyKDE] Qt progress example with minor glitch

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Aug 30 14:41:00 BST 2002

On Friday 30 August 2002 07:16, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 29 August 2002 23:43, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > I couldn't resist from modifying its visual appearance slightly, and
> > delayed the timer interval to behave a bit more cooperative (unlike its
> > ancestor).
> >
> > Comments welcome!
>
> Well, it seems to run without any glitch on my machine. I'm still using a
> fairly old version of PyQt, so I may not have the latests bugs...

Hi Boudewijn,

sure, that the AnimatedThingy is stopped properly on cancel?
I left a print statement in _drawqix method as an indicator.
if yes:
    would you do me a favour and comment out line 220/221:
            if not self.default_label:
                self.pb.killTimers()
    and check, if self.pb is stopped properly.
    This codepath is taken in timerDriven/customLabel mode only (default).

The whole topic lead me to the question, how such custom dialogs
are deconstructed properly?

Also I forgot to mention in my former post, that QPainter.fillRect
doesn't allow a QColor instance as 5th parameter, unlike Qt. One has
always to wrap QColor with QBrush in PyQt. Phil?

TIA,
  Hans-Peter