[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.3.2-2 build problems on stock Red Hat 7.3 sy

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Wed Aug 28 05:45:01 BST 2002

On Monday 26 August 2002 09:51 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On 26-Aug-02 Alex Willmer wrote:
> > Sorry for leaving so long before I replied to this thread, I'va
> > also been working on this, but on Mandrake 8.2. My system is
> > definately KDE 3.0.1, and I received the same error.
>
> My guess would be that Mandrake 8.2 is based on RH 7.3 and would
> therefore have the same version problem - RH changed the version
> numbers (3.0.0 -> 3.0.1) on KDE 3.0.0. I've had that confirmed by
> RH and it was posted to the list a while ago. the problem was noted
> before KDE 3.0.1 was released.

I have found some spots where it won't work if I just pretend I have KDE
3.0.0. Some of the KDE_3_0_1 code is exactly the same as the header files I
have on 7.3. Some of them are not.

I am just going to make a patch and bundle it with the source RPMs. The
patches will be useless for any other "well-built" KDE distro, but it will
solve the Red Hat 7.3 headache.

I have a question about some SIP code (more will follow):