[PyKDE] New PyKDE Sourceforge Project Website

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 28 00:16:00 BST 2002

With Jim's permission, I have set up a PyKDE website at Sourceforge.
Hopefully, I can help Jim and Phil by letting them code more and worry
about other things less.

You can access the project page at:
http://sf.net/projects/pykde

You can access the downloads at:

I am trying to assemble all the RPMs I can find. So far, I have Red Hat 7.3
and SuSE 8.0 rpms available. If anyone is running a different system
(Mandrake!), you can email me and I'll help set up a spec file for the
system. Older versions of Mandrake, Red Hat, and SuSE are acceptable (and
encouraged!) as well.

I am also putting the tar.gz's up, just to be complete. If you download a
source rpms (src.rpm), you will get the tar.gz with that, so you don't need
both the tars and the source rpms.

My thought is that Python is so easy to use, Qt is so easy to use, and PyQt
is so dang easy to use, that we should make the installation process easy
to use as well. I am targetting newbies with these RPMs, so if you are
having problems getting the RPMs installed, let me personally know, and I
will help you. RPMs should install seamlessly, and I intend to do my best
to make these RPMs do so.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardner at corp.classmates.com
jgardn at u.washington.edu

Wisdom from Slashdot...

Changing between Linux distributions is like changing your underwear, but
changing from Windows to Linux is more like getting a sex change. I know
this, I've done both. I've migrated a server farm from Windows to Linux,
that is, not gotten a sex change. I do change my underwear, though. I'll
just stop typing now...