[PyKDE] drag'n drop in pykless.

Roy Dragseth Roy.Dragseth at cc.uit.no
Tue Aug 27 08:22:01 BST 2002

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 02:55, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> My take on Red Hat is exactly the same. It's a great foundation, but they
> really do favor Gnome. And python 1.5.

Yes, but they do have python2 as a separate package.  I think they are afraid
of breaking their install/admin tools if they let python2 become the default.

> If you can get KDE compiled on your system, share the wealth and upload a
> few good RPMs. I wish I could figure out how to get a decent compilation...

You can find decent KDE 3.0.3 rpms here:

http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/

They are even apt enabled, see the description on that page.

We should do an apt repository for pykde too, and all we had to do to upgrade
would be

apt-get update; apt-get install pykde

(dreaming...)

r.

(the subject line of this thread isn't very descriptive of the, er.., subject
anymore)
--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ, Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
	 Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: royd at cc.uit.no