[PyKDE] GUI and console question

Ryan Michel ryan at michel.com.au
Sun Aug 25 15:21:01 BST 2002

I am new to GUI programming and to Python but am suprised at how quickly I
was able to get into the GUI side of things.  I am currently studying at
university out here in Australia and all I can learn is C++, Java, Prolog
and x86 Assembler, so I decided to teach myself Python.

I am using pyqt to write my GUI programs and have got them to work fine but
when they run a console also pops up in the background and echos some
information during the programs execution.  For example when some signals
and slots are connected and at a few other times.

My question is how to get rid of this console as it is driving me batty.
The pyqt help files are rather limited and the only tutorial I can find has
all its examples to the exact same thing.  There is also nothing I can find
for a switch to turn this off.

ryan
---