[PyKDE] RPM building notes

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Sun Aug 25 09:19:00 BST 2002

On Sonntag, 25. August 2002 00:06, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> Let's compare our spec files. Here's what I have got so far. Any
> suggestions? I am a real newbie at building RPMs, but it is a lot easier
> than I expected it. I'd like to see what you are doing in the spec files.
> Could you upload the source RPMs as well?

Hehe ... ehm, there are no .src.rpms. I'm a complete specfile-newbie too, so I
avoided the whole stuff and used "checkinstall". You can find a quick and
dirty manual under my post

[PyKDE] precompiled rpm-Packages - some links (very soon)

about four days ago on this list. But since you provided some specfiles, I'll
look at them and try to merge them with what I can find on my CDs. I'll post
the results asap.

Jim, again I'm just resubmitting the PyQt and sip packages I build via
checkinstall.

-Marc