[PyKDE] drag'n drop in pykless.

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Aug 22 17:03:00 BST 2002

On 22-Aug-02 Roy Dragseth wrote:
> The drag and drop feature doesn't work in pykless.py, it doesn't
> seem to receive the right dropevents, when you drop a text file
> on the window it just  displays the url for the file not the
> file itself.  It looks like the overloaded method dropEvent
> never get called because it doesn't print "drop event":

>         def dropEvent(self, event):
>         #  #// the user dropped something on our window.
>         #  // So we simply use KIO slaves to download the stuff
> wherever it
> is.
>         #  // The following code respects Qt's DnD tutorial
>                 print "drop event"

> I've just installed pyKDE 3.3.2 and thought I'd have a look at
> pykless.py for an introduction.

> System:python 2.2 on RedHat 7.3.

Thanks for the input! I'm just about to write another message to
the list announcing the next release and apologizing for the
quality of the stuff in examples/ and test/. I hope to have this
stuff cleaned up and a number of additions by the next major KDE
release (3.1), probably later this fall.

Jim