[PyKDE] pyuic problems

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Aug 21 11:11:00 BST 2002

Regarding the pyuic problems mentioned on the list earlier:

Today I upgraded to Qt 3.0.5 from 3.0.3. I recompiled PyQt and
afterwards pyuic didn't work at all (under any circumstances - I
couldn't even get the 'Usage' help to display). I got the same
relocation error, but for QGPluginManager. I ran qt3/bin/qtconfig
and the library path for qt3 plugins still pointed to qt-3.0.3, so I
changed that, but it seemed to have no effect.

Next, I went to the PyQt/pyuic3 directory and ran 'make clean',
'make' and 'make install' from that directory (the last two as root
of course). pyuic now works perfectly.

One of the above two steps (or perhaps both) fixed it for my
system. I have no reason for why it works now, however.

pyuic3 is the subdirectory listed in the top level PyQt makefile
if anyone is curious, so that wasn't the problem.

Jim