[PyKDE] precompiled rpm-Packages (any links?)

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Wed Aug 21 09:08:01 BST 2002

On Montag, 19. August 2002 16:37, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> The line that's failing is:
>
>     from qt import PYQT_VERSION
>
> You can try this line in the Python interpreter and see if it works
> there. Possible problems would be that the PyQt and PyKDE versions
> don't match (both need to be 3.3.2) or that build.py is being run

Yes, you are right. I tried to import PYQT_VERSION, which failed  - the
versions don't match. Suse one's is 3.0, while I downloaded 3.3.2.   :/

> If anyone wants to volunteer to package for specific
> versions/distributions, I'll provide whatever assistance I can.

I'm just recompiling sip, pyqt and pykde with checkinstall. sip has already
finished. If everything works, I hope they finish today. One problem I have
(and think I've solved sufficiently) is the make - make install procedure.
"Normally" one would expect to compile with make, and install with make
install - checkinstall (which i use for packaging) requires a single command
for installation. so i wrote a file containing "make && make install" saving
as ./install.sh and execteuted "checkinstall ./install.sh". This should work,
but when I get a compile-error after some files have already been installed
it results in an half installation. So I'd like to know, is there any way to
separate compilation (as user) from installation as root to prevent
compile-system pollution ?

I'll post an update lateron, hopefully containing three rpms and a very little
howto-make-rpms-easily.  :o)

Marc