[PyKDE] Memory leak when overriding QListViewItem.key()?

Fredrik Juhlin laz at strakt.com
Thu Aug 15 15:06:00 BST 2002

Hi!

While trying to figure out the best way to control the sorting of a
QListView, I stumbled over what seems to be some sort of memory leak
when I override QlistViewItem.key().

When I run the code below, my python process uses aprox 58MB. If I
uncomment the key() method in MyListItem, it uses 150MB.

If there's a reasonable explanation for this that eludes me, or if I'm
simply doing something horribly wrong, please let me know :)

//Fredrik

#!/usr/bin/env python

import qt
import sys

class MyListItem(qt.QListViewItem):
    def key(self, column, ascending):
        return qt.QListViewItem.key(self, column, ascending)
    pass

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = qt.QApplication(sys.argv)
    lw = qt.QListView()