[PyKDE] Mixing PyGTK and PyKDE

Martin Preishuber martin.preishuber at eclipt.at
Wed Aug 14 20:09:01 BST 2002

Hi,

I have an existing PyGTK application (ECLiPt SSH Shell, a small applet
for starting SSH connections) and I want to create a small PyKDE applet
in the system tray which basically just opens the main window of the
PyGTK window. I managed to create a small PyKDE application, but somehow
it's not possible to mix PyGTK and PyKDE code, because PyGTK needs the
mainloop() call to handle all events and this mainloop() blocks
execution of PyKDE code ... is there any possibility to work around this
problem ?

Martin

--
Martin Preishuber - IT Expert, Student, SysAdmin
http://www.eclipt.at, mailto:Martin.Preishuber at eclipt.at

I love children.  Especially when they cry -- for then someone takes
them away.
-- Nancy Mitford