[PyKDE] Multi-platform commercial development...

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 10:19:01 BST 2002

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> My company is seriously looking at using Python/PyQt to do the interface development for our new
> products. Our target environments are win32, linux, & OS-X. I understand that PyQt for OS-X is not
> yet implemented and does't have a specified timeframe (although we might be interested in helping
> with an OS-X move). Presently our development is in C++ and we have a commercial win32 Qt
> license but we'd like to move to python for the application code (calling our C++ services). We're
> also looking to see if BlackAdder might be an option for us and are curious as to what the
> relationship between BlackAdder and PyQt are and if BlackAdder will have Qt 3.x support
> forthcoming. Besides the above - can someone advise us as to the effort involved in getting PyQt
> ported to OS-X.

You need to talk to theKompany about BlackAdder. The relationship is
simply that they license PyQt to be included in BlackAdder. I believe
Qt3 support is in the works, but this won't includes MacOS support.

Adding MacOS support to PyQt requires significant changes to SIP - it's
more than a porting exercise. We can talk off-list if you are interested
in helping with the development costs.