[PyKDE] Installation of user-end pyqt app on windows

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 21:39:01 BST 2002

Bart Verwilst wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My app is working great in linux, but i was wondering what steps should be
> taken to make it easy for users to install my app on windows...
> (Like 1 setup.exe which does the trick).
> Is this possible? And can a pyqt/qt dll or something be included in that?
> I hope somebody can give me a detailed explanation/reference to my prob..

Options for a setup.exe are...

- Python distutils package
- the McMillan installer (I think this is different to distutils)
- a commercial installer like Wise or InstallShield

You can distribute a Qt DLL if you have bought a commercial Qt license
or you have bought the Business Edition of BlackAdder. You may (check
the license) also be able to include the DLL for the non-commercial
edition of Qt - you can certainly tell your users to install it
themselves (so long as they conform to its license).