[PyKDE] PyKDE Release

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Aug 9 00:07:00 BST 2002

I've sent the PyKDE-3.3.2 tarball to Phil to post on the
riverbankcomputing site. This release uses about the same build
system as PyQt - please read the README for details. Note that
there are command line switches for specifying each of the
directories that PyKDE requires to build. If you need a lot of
switches, look at the -z switch/buildrc example in the top level
directory. build.py is not as agressive as ./configure was in
locating directories.

This release was tested on KDE 2.1.1/2.2.2/3.0.0/3.0.1. It covers
KDE through 3.0.2 (there is almost no difference for PyKDE between
3.0.1 and 3.0.2). The pyParts.py example program doesn't work for
KDE >= 3.0.0. As noted earlier, this appears to be a KDE problem.
The build system has only been tested on SuSE (7.1/7.3/8.0) -
please report any problems, as I'm not set up to test with other
distributions or platforms.

As usual, bug reports, comments and suggestions are appreciated.

I don't intend to release anything for KDE3.1 alpha/beta releases
(although that may change). KDE 3.1 is due in October - between now
and then I'd like to work on example programs, testing, and tools
for building PyKDE, as well as some other projects (some personal,
some not). Contributions of example programs or test code would
also be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience - it's taken a while to get this released.

Jim