[PyKDE] PyQt application icon on Zaurus taskbar

Michael Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Aug 1 23:58:01 BST 2002

Am Don, 2002-08-01 um 17.15 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> Michael Lauer wrote:
>
> > I'm using PyQt on the Zaurus - any idea why the icons of running
> > PyQt-applications do not appear on the taskbar ?
> >
> > I am using QPEApplication and have a correct *.desktop entry.
>

> Works fine for me with the simple example.

Thanks for your note. A further debugging inquiry showed me the
source of my problem - it's in StartingAppList::isStarting():

bool StartingAppList::isStarting( const QString name )
{
    if ( appl ) {
        QTime *t  = appl->dict.find( "QPE/Application/" + name );
        if ( !t )
            return FALSE;
        if ( t->elapsed() > 10000 ) {
            // timeout in case of crash or something
            appl->dict.remove( "QPE/Application/" + name );
            return FALSE;
        }
        return TRUE;
    }
    return FALSE;
}

My application parses an xml tree before firing up the GUI - which
can take more than 10 seconds - and in this case, the icon will not
show up.

Yours,

--
:M:
Dipl.-Inf. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
  Raum 10b - ++49 69 798 28358       Fachbereich Informatik und Biologie