[PyKDE] SIP/PyQt v3.2rc4 on OS X

Barron Snyder barronsnyder at mac.com
Mon Apr 29 03:56:00 BST 2002

Well, I went ahead and ran "make install" on PyQt with the following
results:

cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
basic mode
/Applications/QtMacEval/bin/moc -o sipqtProxyqt.moc moc_sipqtProxyqt.h
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages
  /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  libqtcmodule.la
/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.la
/usr/bin/install -c .libs/libqtcmodule-3.2.so
/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule-3.2.so
(cd /sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages && rm -f libqtcmodule.so && ln -s
libqtcmodule-3.2.so libqtcmodule.so)
/usr/bin/install -c .libs/libqtcmodule.lai
/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.la
Libraries have been installed in:
    /sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
    - add LIBDIR to the `DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
      during execution

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages
  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 qt.py /sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py
make  install-data-hook
(cd /tmp; PYTHONPATH=/sw/lib/python2.2/site-
packages:/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages /sw/bin/python -c "import qt")
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
   File "/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 46, in ?
     import libsip
ImportError: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading
make[3]: *** [install-data-hook] Error 1
make[2]: *** [install-data-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I tried to run one of the examples but no go...

[localhost:/Applications/PyQt-3.2rc4] barron% cd examples
[localhost:/Applications/PyQt-3.2rc4/examples] barron% python
addressbook.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "addressbook.py", line 7, in ?
     from qt import *
   File "/sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 46, in ?
     import libsip
ImportError: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Barron