[PyKDE] Problem with Destroy ???

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Apr 27 15:21:01 BST 2002

On Thursday 25 April 2002 23:31, you wrote:
> Hello again...
> I don't know if this will help but if I add the destroy signal to the form,
> I get a core dump every time the form closes...

Well, I can run the pyuic generated Form1 class without any problems (using
RC2). Even running the following doesn't present me with any problems, except
for the message

Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

When the second exec_loop finishes. I can imagine things going wrong; I don't
think QApplication is intended to be instantiated more than once from the
same application. If you want to run the dialog more than once from the same
app, you shouldn't quit the app when the dialog is the only window and it
closes. I can easily imagine that QApplication keeps a lot of state, even if
the object seems to go out of scope: don't forget the global reference qApp:

boud at calcifer:~> python form.py
<qt.QApplication instance at 0x8166e24>
first
first
<qt.QApplication instance at 0x8166e24>
second
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
second

In short: don't try to instantiate QApplication twice. Use one QApplication
that opens a dialog more than once.

Attached is my version of your script: