[PyKDE] Win2000 - example PyQT scripts crash python interpreter

Robin Summerhill robinsummerhill at cyantechnology.com
Tue Apr 9 17:01:28 BST 2002

Hi,

I'm new to Python (but not Qt). I'm looking at the possibility of using
Python and PyQt as a scripting engine to embed in an application written in
C++/Qt (targetting Win32 and Linux).

I've built sip3.1 and PyQT-3.1-Qt-3.0.2 following the instructions to the
letter, and everything seemed to go ok. These were built using:
MSVC6 sp5
Qt 3.0.3 (commercial version - debug dll)
Python2.2 (binary distribution from Python.org)

The example scripts tut1 - 5 run ok. Tut6.py gives the following trace info
and then crashes the interpreter:

	Traceback (most recent call last):
 	 File "tut6.py", line 38, in ?
    	w = MyWidget()
  	File "tut6.py", line 33, in __init__
    	LCDRange(grid)
  	File "tut6.py", line 11, in __init__
    	QVBox.__init__(self,parent,name)
  	File "c:\python22\lib\qt.py", line 121, in __init__
    	libqtc.sipCallCtor(8,self,args)
	RuntimeError: Underlying C/C++ object has been deleted

Can anyone give me any info on why this might be happening? I've done the
same thing on Linux and all the examples run fine.

Thanks in advance.

Robin Summerhilll
robinsummerhill at cyantechnology.com