[PyKDE] Re: Official announcement of PyQt book

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Apr 2 19:42:54 BST 2002

On 02-Apr-02 Eron Lloyd <lloyd at lancaster.lib.pa.us> wrote:

> I'd just like to say "Thank You!" for putting in the time to
> produce an excellent reference to an excellent piece of
> software.

I've looked at Boudewijn's book online and have been very
impressed. I like the clarity of his style and the completeness and
level of detail. I usually go to Amazon for the ISBN and then have
my local independent bookseller order for me.

> This book, along with the fantastic work from Phil,
> Jim, and all the other contributors to PyQT/PyKDE, there is a
> very exciting future ahead for the Python GUI.

Aw, shucks. Everyone on this list can take some credit for
PyQt/PyKDE - even if all you've done is download a copy (I watch
the numbers on riverbankcomputing.co.uk). Until you've actually
done an open source project, you can't appreciate how important the
user base is to the success of the project, whether it's
contributions, suggestions, bug reports, comments or just showing
some interest.

Right now I'm writing some C++ for a new project using Qt/KDE and
it's just reminding me what an excellent code base we have to work
from. When you get a chance, thank the TrollTech and KDE guys too.

Jim