[PyKDE] Official announcement of PyQt book

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Apr 1 23:03:43 BST 2002

Well, I'd like to finally officially announce that my book, _GUI Programming
 with Python using the Qt Toolkit_ is now officially available on paper. Whew!

You buy it directly from the publisher's website: http://www.opendocs.org,

or, preferably, at your favourite local or on-line bookshop. For instance,
 Amazon lists it as:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0970033044/qid=1017685892/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8
_1_1/103-3219259-3855046

(And I wonder how that's going to come across.) The ISBN is 0-97003300-4-4.

Anyway, I've written about 160.000 words of English prose and code, all about
 Qt, PyQt, sip, Qt Designer and BlackAdder. I cover both Qt 2 and Qt 3 in a
lot
 of detail.

All source code to the examples is included on a cd-rom, and Opendocs will
 shortly open a webforum where I'll post updated code and where people can
 discuss problems.

You can read the book online at: http://www.opendocspublishing.com/pyqt.