[PyKDE] ~QStatusBar() doesn't work

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Oct 9 19:45:07 BST 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, cheng wrote:

> 1.  I tried to use the command ~QStatusBar(); however, it doesn't work.  I

Don't do that.  What are you trying to do to the status bar?  If you want
it to go away, that might be difficult -- Boudewijn Rempt reported trying
to do that kind of thing in about ten different ways and failed, IIRC.
You can sort of 'fold up' Qt toolbars, though, and I'm sure there'll be a
way to do that programmatically too -- look in the Qt docs.

> can clear the message that's on the statusbar only.
>
> 2.  For the toolbar, if I put the code in the class, it works.  However, if
> I put the code in the function, the toolbar doesn't show up.

I'm not sure which function you're talking about.

John