[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt v3.0 Released

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 06:05:41 GMT 2001

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

> With PyQt 3 now out, let me ask, if you have any insight
> information on TrollTechs policy concerning the future
> of the windows non-commercial license? Will there be
> a qt-3 for non-commercial windows-developers or must
> we stick with qt-2.3 and PyQt 2.5?

I seem to remember a comment from Havaard (on KDE Dot News I think)
about a release of Qt3 under the non-commercial license, but I can't
remember the details.

Don't get the PyQt version number confused with the Qt version number.
If you are using Qt2 you should still upgrade to PyQt v3.0 (just make
sure you pick up the right tarball). You'll get the benefit of bug
fixes, additional Qt2 classes, missing methods, and smaller code.