[PyKDE] pyuic usable? (and a small patch)

Wayne Larsen wvlarsen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 11:04:01 GMT 2001

Hi,

I downloaded PyQt-3.0 to try with qt3.  To my
(pleasant) surprise - everything in my small PyQt2 app
ported over quite nicely.  Excellent work getting
PyQt3 out so quickly!  Then, I started playing with
the new features of qt3 - Designer in particular.

It looks like they've done some good things with
designer, to make it a pretty complete RAD
environment.  However, when I tried the pyuic command
on a simple .ui file (stock application template),
there were numerous errors.

I dived in and fixed a few of them (see attached
patch), but if this simple example will not work, I
imagine there may be quite a few more errors.  Has
anyone been using pyuic?

The next bug that I stopped on was the following
snippet of code, where setLabel is not quite right :)

        self.toolBar = QToolBar("",self,Qt.DockTop)

        .setLabel(self.trUtf8("Tools"))
        self.fileNewAction.addTo(self.toolBar)
        self.fileOpenAction.addTo(self.toolBar)
        self.fileSaveAction.addTo(self.toolBar)