[PyKDE] Still fighting to have PyQt working

Luca Fini lfini at arcetri.astro.it
Mon Nov 19 18:23:46 GMT 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> I've just got mail from someone at Redhat, Trond Eivind Glomsrød,
> to be precise, and he told me that PyQt and sip are included in
> Redhat 7.2. So, I think that the best solution would be to upgrade
> (you said that you were running 7.2, but the output of build shows
> that you are using 7.1) to 7.2, and install sip and PyQt.
>
> PyQt is growing up after all :-).

Gosh. I actually did an upgrade to RH 7.2 and I forgot that when upgrading
only the existing pakckges are upgraded, so PyQt was not installed
becausae it is a NEW package..

Now I've installed it and it seems it's working, well the examples run
smoothly. The only problem is that it is installed on the Python 1.5 tree,
but at least it is enough for a few tests.

Many, many thanks,
						l.f.

       -- )     Luca Fini                            Tel: +39 055 2752 307
 ___    |\      Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri  Fax: +39 055 2752 292
(___|___//___)  50125 Firenze  /   WWW: http://www.arcetri.astro.it/~lfini
 (_)      (_)   Italia        / e-mail: lfini at arcetri.astro.it