[PyKDE] Compiling PyQt-2.4 under windows.

Greg Green gregory.p.green at boeing.com
Fri May 11 17:19:32 BST 2001

I had the same problem with the same configuration. I got around this
one by removing qinterlacestyle from sip and regenerating the source
and I got it to build, however the resulting .pyd doesn't work. I
haven't had time to figure out why.

BTW, here is the error I get when running a sample PyQt app:

C:\PyQt-2.4\examples>python aclock.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aclock.py", Line 56, in ?
    a = QApplication(sys.argv)
  File "c:\python21\lib\qt.py", line 125, in __init__
    libqtc.sipCallCtor(202,self,args)
TypeError: Argument 1 of QActionGroup() has an invalide type

> I am having trouble compiling PYQt on windows.
> I am using Qt 2.3.0, Msvc++ 6.0 and PyQt 2.4
>
> Here follow the compiler error, does anyone have any idea ?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> 	regards,
>
> 	Philippe
>
> nb: I'm not subscribed, so please cc me any reply
>

> ---------------
>
> //d/software/PyQt-2.4/qt > nmake -f Makefile.win32-msvc
>
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
>
>         link /NOLOGO /SUBSYSTEM:windows /DLL /OUT:libqtc.pyd
> @C:\WINNT\TEMP\nma0
> 0804.
>    Creating library libqtc.lib and object libqtc.exp
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: __
> thiscall QInterlaceStyle::QInterlaceStyle(void)"
> (??0QInterlaceStyle@@QAE at XZ)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawSplitter(class QPainter
> *,int,int,int
> ,int,class QColorGroup const &,enum Qt::Orientation)"
> (?drawSplitter at QInterlaceS
> tyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHABVQColorGroup@@W4Orientation at Qt@@@Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual int __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::splitterWidth(void)const "
> (?splitterWidth
> @QInterlaceStyle@@UBEHXZ)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawSliderGrooveMask(class
QPainter

(?drawSliderGrooveMask at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@
HHHHHW4Orientation@
> Qt@@@Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawSliderGroove(class
QPainter

@QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHABVQColorGroup@@HW4Orientation@
Qt@@@Z
> )
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawSliderMask(class QPainter
> *,int,int,i
> nt,int,enum Qt::Orientation,bool,bool)"
> (?drawSliderMask at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPA
> VQPainter@@HHHHW4Orientation at Qt@@_N2 at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawSlider(class QPainter
> *,int,int,int,i
> nt,class QColorGroup const &,enum Qt::Orientation,bool,bool)"
> (?drawSlider at QInte

rlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHABVQColorGroup@@W4Orientation at Qt@@_
N3 at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawScrollBarControls(class
QPainter
> *,cl
> ass QScrollBar const *,int,unsigned int,unsigned int)"
> (?drawScrollBarControls at Q
> InterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@PBVQScrollBar@@HII at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::scrollBarMetrics(class
QScrollBar
> const *
> ,int &,int &,int &,int &)"
> (?scrollBarMetrics at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPBVQScrollBar
> @@AAH111 at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual int __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::defaultFrameWidth(void)const "
> (?defaultFr
> ameWidth at QInterlaceStyle@@UBEHXZ)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawPushButtonLabel(class
QPushButton
> *,c
> lass QPainter *)"
> (?drawPushButtonLabel at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPushButton@@PAV
> QPainter@@@Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawPushButton(class
QPushButton
> *,class
> QPainter *)"
> (?drawPushButton at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPushButton@@PAVQPainter@@
> @Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual class QRect  __thiscall
> QInterlaceStyle::comboButtonRect(int,int,int,int)"
>  (?comboButtonRect at QInterlaceStyle@@UAE?AVQRect@@HHHH at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawComboButton(class
QPainter
> *,int,int,
> int,int,class QColorGroup const &,bool,bool,bool,class QBrush const
*)"
> (?drawCo

mboButton at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHABVQColorGroup@@_
N22PBVQBrus

QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@ABVQRect@@ABVQColorGroup@@PBVQColor@
@_N at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawIndicatorMask(class
QPainter
> *,int,in
> t,int,int,int)"
> (?drawIndicatorMask at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHH at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawIndicator(class QPainter
> *,int,int,in
> t,int,class QColorGroup const &,int,bool,bool)"
> (?drawIndicator at QInterlaceStyle@
> @UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHABVQColorGroup@@H_N2 at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual class QSize  __thiscall
QInterlaceStyle::indicatorSize(void)const "
> (?indi
> catorSize at QInterlaceStyle@@UBE?AVQSize@@XZ)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall
QInterlaceStyle::drawExclusiveIndicatorMask(class
> QPainter
>  *,int,int,int,int,bool)"
> (?drawExclusiveIndicatorMask at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQ
> Painter@@HHHH_N at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawExclusiveIndicator(class
QPainter
> *,i
> nt,int,int,int,class QColorGroup const &,bool,bool,bool)"
> (?drawExclusiveIndicat
> or at QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHABVQColorGroup@@_N22 at Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual class QSize  __thiscall
> QInterlaceStyle::exclusiveIndicatorSize(void)const
>  " (?exclusiveIndicatorSize at QInterlaceStyle@@UBE?AVQSize@@XZ)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawPanel(class QPainter
> *,int,int,int,in
> t,class QColorGroup const &,bool,int,class QBrush const *)"
> (?drawPanel at QInterla
> ceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHABVQColorGroup@@_NHPBVQBrush@@@Z)
> sipqtQInterlaceStyle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "public: vi
> rtual void __thiscall QInterlaceStyle::drawBevelButton(class
QPainter

QInterlaceStyle@@UAEXPAVQPainter@@HHHHABVQColorGroup@@_NPBVQBrush@@@Z)

(?pushButtonContentsRect at QInterlaceStyle@@QAE?AVQRect@@PAVQPushButton@
@@Z)