[PyKDE] How to display GIF and JPEG

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at labs.polycnrs-gre.fr
Fri Mar 30 20:32:45 BST 2001

Well, on my Mandrake-7.2 Linux system all I would need is

p = QPixmap('Desktop/misc/picture/munch.scream.jpg')

If you don't want to get rid of Windoze ....
then, if you get

ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz

compile it (there is a makefile for Visual C++) and manage
to let Qt know that the jpeg library exists, you are rid of
the "png" step.

;-) Gerard

(and MicroSoft wants us to believe Linux is a TOY)