[PyKDE] PyQt/Python Custom Widgets

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Thu Mar 22 10:53:23 GMT 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Coy Krill wrote:

>Has anyone yet created a custom widget in pure python for use with PyQt?
>I'm in serious need of a Calendar/Date widget and there doesn't seem to
>be one extant, so I was thinking of making a pure Python one, but I
>don't haven't found any examples of creating custom widgets that weren't
>huge and in C++ or just widget aggregates.

You mean creating a new widget (say Calendar) that does not inherit
QWidget or some other? Can that even be done? If it can, why would you
want to do it? Sorry for the ignorance, but I'm not sure I understand what
you mean.

If you mean inheriting a normal QWidget and providing some extra
funtionality it can be done very easily.