[PyKDE] Dynamic layouts

Ken Kozman kkozman at zyvex.com
Mon Mar 19 21:20:52 GMT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: pykde-admin at mats.gmd.de [mailto:pykde-admin at mats.gmd.de]On Behalf Of
Boudewijn Rempt
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 2:15 PM
To: pykde at mats.gmd.de
Subject: Re: [PyKDE] Dynamic layouts

On Saturday 17 March 2001 02:57, you wrote:
dding is easy. Take a look at the following script:

> Have you tried using Qobject.removeChild()?

Yes - I've tried:

* removing all Python references
* using removeChild: QObject.removeChild() has an invalid type
* using close(TRUE) on the widget: AttributeError: close
* deleteAllWidgets(): gives QGList::locate: Index 0 out of range

And I've tried to iteratate through the layoutitems, but that didn't work,
because next() doesn't seem to be implemented. In general, destroying
widgets
is quite hard in PyQt, I feel.
I tend to agree with this. Although perhaps it is just me being stupid.
I often just use the hide method on the widgets I want to "get rid of". This
is obviously bad in terms of memory and resource usage, but it works for the
stuff I am doing (I have not tried the actual layout issue specified
though...)

Ken