[PyKDE] Error in PyQt

Bruce Wolk bawolk at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 18 02:16:24 BST 2001

I hve a program that ran ok under RH 6.2 and PyQt 2.3.   I upgraded to
RH 7.1 and PyQt 2.4.  Installing Sip 2.4 and PyQt 2.4 generated no
errors.  But when I run the program as a user I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./vcomplex4.py", line 2, in ?
    from circledialog import *
  File "circledialog.py", line 9, in ?
    from qt import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/qt.py", line 43, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: undefined
symbol: __11QSizePolicyQ211QSizePolicy8SizeTypeT1b

Strangely, when I run as root, the program seems to run just fine, but I
get the following messagei n the console:

Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

Any ideas?

--
Bruce Wolk