[PyKDE] ANNOUNCE: SIP/PyQt v2.5pre4

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 08:49:47 BST 2001

Getting close now...

v2.5pre4 is in http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/software/private

Changes include...

- those types (QObjectList, QWidgetList etc) that are mapped to Python
lists will return an empty list instead of None

- added QDataStream (thanks to Jim Bublitz)

- added the QDom classes (thanks to Jim Bublitz)

- PyQt might compile under Windows again (but not with Qt
non-commercial).

I think I've done all the changes I'm going to as far as portability is
concerned - the rest will be handled by documentation. Can those people
who have provided me with porting notes for various UNIX versions send
me a README describing any outstanding issues and I'll include them with
the final 2.5 release (still at least a week away) - thanks.