[PyKDE] PyQt under woody. and using under windows

Bruce Sass bsass at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Sun Jul 22 18:10:08 BST 2001

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, William Famy wrote:
> good morning.
>
> I am intersted to code few apps for my work (teacher)  in using pyQt
> insted of wxPython. I have used QT with C++ long time ago :-)
>
> Is there a .deb to install every thing under woody or would i have to
> build everything?

You need to build for Woody, or maybe...

apt-get install python-pyqt/unstable

...will work.
I'm not sure if you need to add unstable to your
/etc/apt/sources.list, or apt just knows how to do it.
If the former, you can add it just for the run that gets you PyQt
(and sip).

> Is it possible to run my program under windows because the scool
> computer use windows ;-(. If yes is it hard to do it?

Running programs shouldn't be a problem (don't use any *nixisms)...
getting Qt and PyQt installed may take money and/or building yourself.

- Bruce