[PyKDE] don't hate me but I refuse to figure out why things won't compile

Bryan Willett bryan at xlord.dunsinane.net
Thu Jul 12 09:19:38 BST 2001

Can anyone provide binaries of the latest CVS?

I usually make an attempt doing a ./configure, make but when these fail
I almost never bother wasting time figuring out why.

I am running a Mandrake 8.0 machine on which I can compile a large number
of different things (QT, KDE, etc) but the PyQt 2.5pre and the CVS doesn't
compile.  PyQt 2.4 works fine except for the bugs.

1. sgmltools fails to do its job on the initial make build; the mandrake
rpm of sgml-tools has a sgmltools.v1 file that I had to link to sgmltools
but it still fails
2. I get an undefined symbol: _8sipProxy.sipSender

Has anyone thought of moving PyQt to SourceForge?  Aren't things like
formal bug lists and discussion boards good things?

So again, can anyone provide binaries of the latest CVS?

Thanks,

Bryan