[PyKDE] Threads in PyQT

Jason Petrone jpetrone at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Jul 5 16:09:13 BST 2001

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 07:16:06AM +0200, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Yes, it is reasonably safe to have the thread emit signals that are caught
> by the main thread that runs the interface.

Reasonably safe... sure.  But unless I put sleeps in everywhere, I still get
deadlock.  It looks like QT doesn't like me throwing signals faster than it can
handle them.

Where's the QThread class?  I'm getting more and more convinced there is no
good way to do threading with PyQT(or wxPython for that matter).

> You can also have the thread update a an accessible variable that is read out
> periodically (use a QTimer) by the interface thread.

This is probably what I will end up doing.  But its a pain since it will have
a negative net effect on the UI's usability.

jason