[PyKDE] network programming

Frido Ferdinand frido at euronet.nl
Fri Jan 12 21:32:13 GMT 2001

Hi,

A short question but I'm sure the answer is pretty complex. What is
currently the best way to do asynchronous (I think that's the correct
term) network connections ? I'm currently building an app that makes
lot's of network operations and when there's no data coming in the whole
GUI blocks. It's comparable to Netscape when it's trying to resolve a
hostname and doesn't update the GUI. I've read in the QT doc's that
there is quite a nice framework for doing this (QNetworkProtocol,
QNetworkOperation) but I'm not sure if PyQT supports this. Are there
any other alternative's ?

TiA,

        -- Frido Ferdinand