[PyKDE] ANNOUNCE: BlackAdder for Python/Qt Development

Philippe Fremy fremy at yalbi.com
Fri Jan 12 14:53:55 GMT 2001

> > But hey, business is business and without TheKompany, PyQt for windows
> > wouldn't probably have even existed.
>
> Not true. PyQt goes back a lot longer than my involvement with
> theKompany and is my intellectual property. BlackAdder (the new closed

I didn't mean PyQt in a whole but only PyQt for windows. I guess that without
TheKompany, you wouldn't have got a Qt windows license that allow people to
distribute programs that uses Qt under windows and unix without paying a
single fee to TrollTech. I was surprised that TT had allowed such a thing
because it breaks their business model. It makes more sense now.

> > They are only getting closer to Troll Tech's business model.
>
> Exactly - except we have chosen not to dual license the IDE.

And the license cost significantely less than a windows Qt license (or that a
Qt dual license).

Anyway, congratulation to you and TheKompany for this. I hope TheKompany will
get so much income with this good product that they will manage to get plenty
of other Free software ready for us. :-)

	Philippe.