[PyKDE] PyQt only examples

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 1 20:44:19 GMT 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Andre Luis Lopes wrote:

>    But, I'm looking for some beginners tutorial showing PyQt's only examples,
> not using PyKDE . I'm trying to start building an application wich will
> access some MySQL tables on a MySQL database (everything running on Linux,
> MySQL, the application, etc) .

Well, that's all really easy to do - start simple, just by reading out
some data from a database and inserting the items into a QListView. I've
been on this path for quite some time, so the code in Kura is no longer
simple. but is still based on getting data and filling a listview.

>   Could someone point me to some place I could find more information ?

Try reading the Kura source ;-).

> P.S.: About database access, i'm looking into MySQLdb Python module and it
> seems to be easy to use. Someone knows another option ?

Lots - PostGresSQL, or mxODBC (I'd take this route if I were to start over
again.)