[PyKDE] Strange QTable behavior

Tomaz Ficko tomaz.ficko at agroruse.si
Fri Dec 14 11:02:26 GMT 2001

Hello

I'm writing a dictionary like application with PyQt. I'm using QTable widget
to display the data in a table with two columns. But there is a problem,
when I set number of rows to more than 1638 and fill all cells with
QTableItems the contents of the table become blank no grid, no nothing. If I
double click a cell then the text becomes visible. So the QTableItems are
there they are just not visible.  I have tried to use update, repaint
method, and updateCell method but nothing helps.

Is this bug or feature? Has somebody else noticed similar behavior?
I want to be able to display 50000 rows in table, which widget should I use?

I'm using:
Suse 7.3
Python 2.1.1
PyQt-3.0-Qt-2.3.1