[PyKDE] PyQt Installation problems

Shanky shanky at ststephens.edu
Thu Dec 13 10:53:17 GMT 2001

I have Qt installed and running on my Mandrake Linux 8.1 running on a Toshiba Tecra 740cdt.I wanted to install PyQt on this. I have qt-2.3.1 installed and I downloaded sip-3.0 and PyQy-3.0 to for with it.I first tried installing sip.( I presume one needs to do that before one installs PyQt??). When I run ./configure for sip it starts but abruptly stops with the following error message:

checking lex output file root... ./configure:${SHELL}:Command not found
Configure:error:cannot find output from ${SHELL} /usr/local/sip/missing --run flex; giving up

Could somebody please help me solve this problem and successfully install sip and then PyQt.

Thanks & Regards
Shanky