[PyKDE] [Q] PyQt newbie

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 11:47:13 GMT 2001

Young-Jin Lee wrote:

> Hi, all.
> I am new to PyQt and I hope to get some information.
> I'm looking for an appropriate GIU toolkit which runs on Windows, linux and
> Mac OS.
> I heard that PyQt supports Mac OS X, but I was not sure it.
> What is the current status of Mac OS X support, if any?
> Is there a good API document?
> Is there a good programming example I can use?

Mac OS X is not supported - but only because I don't have a Mac. The
choices are...

- somebody does the work and gives me any needed patches

- somebody gives me a Mac and all the necessary development tools
(including a Qt license if my existing one doesn't cover the Mac)

Note that I cannot supply binaries unless Trolltech release a
non-commercial edition for the Mac.