[PyKDE] PyQt for Qt/Embedded

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Sun Dec 2 02:43:25 GMT 2001

Ok - hours later (I need some sleep now) I nailed
it down. The problem seems to be a conceptional one.

PyQt seemingly doesn't take care yet of the Qt/Embedded
feature of customization. For instance a typical
Qt/Embedded builds without support for drag and drop
and thus defines QT_NO_DRAGANDDROP which results
in leaving out the classes QDrag*Event, QDropEvent etc.

PyQt of course then can not be compiled when these are
not defined. Is it planned to incorporate these
customization feature into PyQt? It really seems to be
needed to support binding PyQt to Qt/Embedded.

For more information please see
http://doc.trolltech.com/2.3/features.html

Yours,

Mickey.