[PyKDE] PyKDE2 Update

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Aug 10 20:25:34 BST 2001

Once again, the PyKDE2 release will be delayed. I'm now
anticipating that PyKDE2 will be available in 2 to 3 weeks.

The issues that are causing the delay are related to code
generation. They aren't major bugs, but they are bugs, and until
they're fixed it's still necessary to hand modify some files to get
PyKDE2 to build. I'm not promising that when PyKDE2 is
released that it will be bug free, but I do want it to build
cleanly and reliably.

I apologize for the delays, but ask you to keep in mind that the
changes from KDE1 to KDE2 were major in terms of writing Python
bindings. We're also trying to establish a solid codebase so that
future releases (eg KDE2.2 should be available Monday - I'm still
working on bindings for KDE2.1.x) will be available in a more timely
fashion. (Now I'll have to make up a new excuse for future delays :)

Jim