[PyKDE] Problems installing and compiling PyQt on Redhat 7

Boudewijn Rempt bsarempt at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 1 19:47:08 BST 2001

Well, in the ongoing saga of getting PyQt to install on Redhat 7
(now running two weeks, and no signs that the show will be closed
soon), we've engendered a new error. Sip compiles and installs,
Python is installed, and of the right version, Qt is installed. But
running make install for PyQt gives the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/qt.py", line 43, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: shared object not open
make[3]: *** [install-data-hook] Error 1
make[2]: *** [install-data-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

And, frankly, I don't know what that means. Of course, this
isn't my own computer, so I can't experiment. I've all his
logfiles, configure files and everything, and all looks good,
except for this... Any help will be greatly appreciated!