[PyKDE] Windows Printing Doesn't work with PyQt 2.2 Either

Coy Krill ckrill at qvlinc.com
Fri Nov 10 19:33:41 GMT 2000

Just thought I'd give Python 2.0 and PyQt 2.2 a go and see if printing was
fixed from the 2.1 release. Unfortunately it's not.  I'm still getting the
error:  PYTHONW caused an invalid page fault in module QT221.DLL at
0187:39d192fb. Not an extremely useful error message from windows.  The error
occurs as soon as you perform a drawing operation to a QPainter created from
a QPrinter.

I tried using Turbo Debugger to get a bit more useful information and it gave
the error Access Violation read address ffffffff.  Sounds like a bad pointer
somewhere, but I'm unable to determine where and of course the whole thing
works perfectly on Linux, so go figure.

A couple of thoughts for Phil. Is the QT221.DLL you provide built by
TrollTech or yourself?  If you're building it, have you changed compilers
since putting out PyQt 2.0 which works with Python 1.6?  What's the
likelihood that the problem is with Python 2.0 itself?  You wouldn't happen
to have a PyQt 2.2 for Python 1.6 would you? I'd be willing to test it. I'm
even tempted to rebuild Python 2.0 now that I have Borland C++ 5.5.

Coy