[PyKDE] Re: install problem with PyQT

bowman bowman at montana.com
Thu Nov 2 15:09:05 GMT 2000

>          ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libsip.so.3: undefined symbol:
> translate__C12QApplicationPCcN21
>          make[3]: *** [install-data-hook] Error 1
>          make[3]: Leaving directory

I got a similar error on my build.  The odd thing is the pyQt seems to be
usable, including Eric. I'd been through the cycle three times, doing make
unistalls, manually removing any traces of the in /usr/*, blowing away the
source tree, untarring, and reconfiguring and compiling.

The third time, it looked like the requisite files were in place, so I tried
it. I'm sure it is the new version as the Canvas array ctor is working, and I
previously could not instantiate this object.

I haven't exercised mmuch of the functionality, so it may bite me sooner or
later.