[PyKDE] PyQT on Solaris 2.7

Pete Ware ware at cis.ohio-state.edu
Thu May 18 23:32:13 BST 2000

Under Solaris 2.6 I sometimes get the same error.  It's typically from
one of:

1. "ld.so" not knowing where one of the libraries is located.  Quick
   fix (but the wrong thing to do) is to set the environment variable
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include _all_ the sip, qt and python
   directories.

2. I compiled the sib and PyQt libraries under a different version of
   the qt header files or libraries.  I have qt 1.44, 2.0.x and 2.1 all
   barely coexisting.

3. I compiled the qt libraries using CC (Sun's C++ compiler) and the
   sip and PyQt libraries with g++ -- they don't always do the same
   name mangling.

My guess is you are suffering from (1).  I hope this helps.

--pete