[PyKDE] PyQT on Solaris 2.7

Peter Kropf peter at verecomm.com
Thu May 18 22:56:20 BST 2000

We're in the process of selecting a cross platform (Linux,
Solaris, HP-UX and WinNT) GUI framework for use in our
next product line. And naturally, QT is towards the top of
the list. One of the goals of the GUI is to allow it to be
programmed through a scripting language like Python.

To be able to test the framework, I'm building it on all the
platforms that we'll be using. However, I'm encountering a
problem when trying to install PyQT. Specifically:

(cd /tmp;
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python1.5:/usr/local/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload
python -c "import qt")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/qt.py", line 16, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/libqtcmodule.so: symbol
PyType_Type: referenced symbol not found

Can anyone provide assistance? Is anyone else using QT and
PyQT on different platforms?

Thanks!

--
Peter Kropf