[PyKDE] pykde HOWTO

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 28 08:28:05 BST 1999

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 Steve.Noble at dpws.nsw.gov.au wrote:

> Boudewijn Rempt tutorial is a great introduction provided you have the
> pre-requisite knowledge
> >http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/tutorial.html

I really, really should be getting around to updating it ;-).
But I've recently started reading books on software design
because I noticed that I could write code, but not design
an application ;-(.

> * here's my point
> python and qt *should* make it easy to write a program without learning 4
> different strands
> can a FAQ \ HOWTO be prepared explaining the essential and desirable areas
> to study
> and in what order, you could study the areas that you need to get up to
> speed on,
> without learning too  much c++ for example

Well, just pointing people to the right place would be easy,
but giving more information more difficult. On the other hand
the useful information is available from many different places,
so one page of links would be useful, too. Perhaps it could also
be placed on www.developer.kde.org?

I could also make a compilation of the questions people have
asked me - although I'm not too sure of my answers!

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt