[PyKDE] unimplemented objects

Reiner Wiechert wic at gmx.de
Mon Nov 22 23:44:34 GMT 1999

Hi Phil,

> > 1. KTMainWindow.memberList
> This needs support for static class member functions added. It's on the
> TODO list, but I wasn't planning on doing it before Qt v2.x support.
> (You can change my mind though.)

No, I won't.  ;-)   It was only a "nice to have" feature, but my code
don't rely on it.

> > 2. kapp.appHelpActivated
> In KDE v1.1.2 this is a private slot.  Are you using a later snapshot?

No, I'm using 1.1.2 too. This is what KDevelop 1.0beta2 is producing:

  toolBar()->insertButton(Icon("help.xpm"), ID_HELP_CONTENTS, SIGNAL(clicked() ),
                  kapp, SLOT( appHelpActivated() ), true,i18n("Help"));

So how do I start the Helpviewer, which pops up by pressing F1 or
choosing Help/Contents, with a toolbar icon? I want to avoid direct
access to the Help menu, because it's automagically generated by:
	self.help_menu = kapp.getHelpMenu(true, aboutstring )

But that leads to another problem: In my KDE documentation "Generated
on Sat Nov 20 03:52:43 1999" there's no KApplication::getHelpMenu at
all, but a KTMainWindow::helpMenu method. It seems to be pretty
difficult to keep up with the KDE pace...

Nevertheless PyQt/PyKDE is GREAT!

Reiner