[PyKDE] Event loop

Pete Ware ware at cis.ohio-state.edu
Sun Nov 21 13:27:31 GMT 1999

Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> writes:

> > The first is I'd like to get access to any unhandled exceptions.  The
> > second is I'd like to add a file descriptor (from a pipe) into the
> > event loop as well.

> Couldn't you just emit a signal from the bit that handles the pipe?
Sure except how do I get the code that determines it is ok to emit the
signal to know there is data?  I want the rest of the application to
keep on running.  I got lost in a twisty maze involving QFile,
QIODevice, QAsyncIO, and QIODeviceSource.

I'd still like to get my hands on unhandled exceptions.

--pete